Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Dropped

My mom and I? We like to shop. When I was a preteen we would spend our Saturdays at the mall, sipping sodas in the food court and buying the essentials for each change of season. When I became a snotty teenager, I would go to the mall with my girlfriends and we would spend our $10 allowances on lame shirts from Suzy Shier, while trying to catch the eyes of all the (not so hot) hotties who were also hanging out at the Cornwall Centre. I wasn't stupid, though. When I actually needed some new clothes, I went with mom. She had the wallet. And she's always been happy to buy me the occasional article of clothing to make me feel pretty.
Today we headed out to a high-end quilting shop that one of my mom's friends works at. We picked out the most perfect materials for making a quilt for the baby...lavenders and greens abounded in the quaint little store and I think we'll have a masterpiece laying in the crib in no time. My mom's friend is going to sew the quilt as a gift for the baby, and my mom bought the material. I am so excited!
Then we went to another fabric store to hunt for material to make nursery curtains with. Would you believe that they had the exact same fabric that the bumper pads are made of there? And it was 40% off! It couldn't have worked out better! Our curtains will be a pale green, to contrast the lavender walls, and I am hoping I won't botch them up too badly. Yes, you heard correctly, I am going to attempt to sew the curtains myself. I am an imbecile with a needle and thread and have only ever sewn a "sundress" which looked more like a potato sack, but I figure I can handle stitching a few straight seams. Time will tell.
Then we went to a scrapbook store and my mom bought me a beautiful baby album.
Does she rock, or what?
It's been a good day, filled with shopping, laughing, and stopping for ice cream cones.

Amanda Brown at 4:46 PM

9comments

9 Comments

at 5:26 PM Blogger Jen said...

Ice cream cones? Did someone say ice cream cones?

Sounds like a great day with your momma! She does rock. :)

I'm sure you will do a perfectly lovely job of the curtains.

Oh, BTW, don't diss Suzy Shier. I'm pretty sure that half the clothes in my closet are from there. I need a wardrobe makeover!!

;)

 
at 5:33 PM Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

Nothing beats shopping with mom.

 
at 9:15 PM Blogger Kaili said...

I also LOVE shopping with my Mama! And lately I LOVE ice cream, it would have been a perfect day for me also!!! your Mom must be sooooooooo thrilled to have you there!

 
at 10:05 PM Blogger Amanda Franks said...

That does sound like a fun day, one I hope to share with my daughter one day! Good luck on the curtains, you'll do great. Just remember those macho men on the home decor shows who are sewing curtains to surprise their wife with a new room when they get home from the spa weekend, if they can do it, you can excel at it!

 
at 7:20 AM Blogger Angella said...

It's the BEST feeling when you find what you are looking for! Glad you found a dress & had some good Mommy time :)
Now I want ice cream, and it's 7:15 am!

 
at 7:25 AM Blogger Heather said...

Hey call me if you need help when you are sewing and I'll try to help! I'm sure you will do a great job though.

 
at 10:15 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

If there's one thing mom should be counted on for, it's taking their daughters out and buying them clothes. Yay!

 
at 10:40 AM Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

PS. You know I'm more than happy to help ou whip up some SWEET curtains. You'll see just how easy it is.

 
at 4:50 PM Blogger Elizabeth said...

Excellent!!! Sounds like fun!

 

Post a Comment