Thursday, May 11, 2006

Unplugged

I am feeling much better today. Still stuffy and needing to snort and hork every few minutes, but at least my brain isn't clouded with mucous any more. I can actually focus on the tasks at hand and think about what to make for dinner tonight. Last night as I laid sprawled on the couch, all I could think of was how a slurpee would make me feel better. The cool, icey goodness would soothe my throat and the sugar rush would give me a dose of energy. So I begged Steve to drive to 7-11 and get me one. After some prodding, some puppy dog eyes, and a slight guilt trip ("I'm sick. And pregnant!") he hopped in the truck and got one for me.
I've got to milk the pregnany card for all it's worth. Only 9 more weeks of being doted on and blaming my chub on the baby. Soon everyone will be oohing and ahhing over the cutest baby the world has ever known, and I will be forgotten.
The novelty of being pregnant has worn off for me. I am still awed by the alien movements in my abdomen and how miraculous it all is, but the initial thrill of "Look at me! I have a bump! It's cute! Touch the bump! Unless you're creepy! Look, I'm blooming! I'm round and adorable!" has diminished slightly.
I now look in the mirror and stare at my swollen tummy, thinking, "Yep. That thing is huge."
I am just feeling more and more ready to actually meet our baby girl and wrap her up in her new, soft quilt and change her pooey diapers and put her in a white onesie and take her to the beach and go for walks with her in the stroller while she looks at the clouds for the very first time.

Amanda Brown at 9:55 AM

7comments

7 Comments

at 11:36 AM Blogger Kaili said...

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. It was most likely the slurpee. Yum! I am in love with slurpees, just cause there really isn't anything THAT cold and refreshing right now.
yes, we are looking forward to all those little things with our little sweetie too! You only have like 9 more weeks, crazyness, but wonderful!

 
at 11:56 AM Blogger Angella said...

Nothing like the power poo!

I CAN'T WAIT to meet your baby :)

 
at 12:55 PM Blogger Amanda Franks said...

The novelty of you being pregnant has worn off for me too, lol. Just kidding. I really like hearing your experiences. I think in your mat leave you should compile them to a book and then you'll never have to work again! And even though I'll never actually meet Baby Brown I'm looking forward to getting to know her through your blogging talents!

 
at 12:58 PM Blogger Susie said...

3 minutes after Kynan was born, I was pretty much alone in the delivery room. Dana was beside Kynan across the room. Every once in while looking my way to see if I was still alive. I could hear people in the hall, but I was still spread eagle getting stitched up. BUT- then Dana walked Kynan over to me and the look in his eyes holding his son for the first time was breath taking- I will never forget it.

 
at 7:15 AM Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

Yay for dissipating cold. Boo for lingering phlegm. YAY for KICKY BOOTS! Though the next few months will seem to drag before you know it it will be over and you'll be so relieved to hold your pretty little girl. And even if the is "beefy" she'll be lovely. ;)

 
at 9:01 AM Blogger Vicki said...

Being sick and pregnent are an icky combo. Only 9 more weeks until you can hold your daughter in your arms and KNOW that you'd do ANYTHING for her. Enjoy the last bit of pregnancy. Even though it doesn't feel like it, it will be over before you know it!!

 
at 9:01 AM Blogger Vicki said...

Being sick and pregnent are an icky combo. Only 9 more weeks until you can hold your daughter in your arms and KNOW that you'd do ANYTHING for her. Enjoy the last bit of pregnancy. Even though it doesn't feel like it, it will be over before you know it!!

 

Post a Comment