Monday, May 08, 2006

Visits


This weekend Kristin and Martin came from Calgary for a visit. Though the journey was long and their stay short, it was a wonderful treat to see them. This was my second time meeting Martin; the first was back in November at a time when he and Kristin were "just friends". They have since started dating and it was so great to see how gently he touches her back, how they're always cuddling and whispering to each other, and how happy he makes her. She deserves it.
It struck me how much things have changed since the onset of our friendship. We used to be ratty-haired little kids munching on popcorn while watching Full House and now we are grown women with lives taking shape. Kristin will be graduating from university next year and I'll be bouncing a baby on my lap in no time.
WHAT THE HECK?
On Saturday we had Jen and Jordan over for a BBQ with Kristin and Martin and it was so nice to sit on the deck, enjoy good food, watch Abby be a ham, and see the sun go down on the orchard.
I did nothing to deserve this: a wonderful husband, friends who love me unconditionally, a view of the lake, a baby kicking me in the ribs as I type this.
But I'll take it.
All of it.
And be very, very thankful.

Amanda Brown at 6:48 PM

5comments

5 Comments

at 7:59 PM Blogger Amanda Franks said...

I'm glad you had a good weekend. Abby sure looks great after being so sick. It still takes me a minute to recognize Kristin when I see her with long hair! Crazy crazy. I'm glad you guys got a good visit in.

 
at 8:03 PM Blogger geeksters said...

I'm glad you're so happy and so grateful for what you've been given. I hope you continue enjoying every moment.

 
at 8:04 PM Blogger Jen said...

Our lives are so blessed, hey Amanda!?

It was a nice weekend. Thanks for inviting us over to see K & M and for the yummy steaks. :)

 
at 10:04 PM Blogger Elizabeth said...

Amen!

 
at 10:18 AM Blogger Kaili said...

Sounds like you guys had a good time. Your desk is PERFECT for nice summer BBQ's and chillin'.
I know this sounds weird, but I love your friends hair, it's gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment